Sunday, October 3, 2010

Rice Puddin

Let me just start by saying, I have never, NEVER before in my life tried home made rice pudding. I have always loved it, but never ate it. I usually get it at the store.
Not too long ago, I had a hankering for rice pudding. while I debated on whether or not to stop at the store and get some, I decided to Google some recipes and try my culinary luck at it.
Start with plain rice and milk, add some sugar and let it sit while you stir, stir, stir. Long process yes, but well worth it. Only, at the end, I had to add some more rice, the consistency was just too watery, I like my pudding nice and creamy. Note to self: DON'T! this doesn't give the rice that was added last enough time to soften.
Add some cinnamon on top and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Rice pudding is one of my all time favorite desserts. Thicken it up by putting heavy whipping cream (1 cup. Spice it up by putting a few pieces of Saffron, to add color and a little flavor twist. Also, you can add 2-3 extra egg yolks and it will get very think. I like to cut it with a knife when I am serving it; and always serve it warm!

    ReplyDelete